Wednesday, July 02, 2014

The Graduate


 I am now the mother of a high school graduate. Wasn't the picture below taken just yesterday?


Now look at them….


We celebrated by inviting family and friends to a Southern pig roast on Saturday. The weather was perfect. Daddy used his home-made pig cooker for the first time and his barbecue was delicious! Newt and his friends played volleyball in the yard. We are fortunate for the wonderful young men and women Newt has for friends.




Newt will be heading to West Virginia University next month. He is planning to study nursing. I will miss him so much. A few weeks ago I took him down for his college orientation and sat in the rooms listening to people talk, fluctuating between being excited for him and all the opportunities he will have and wanting to cry thinking how much I will miss not seeing him every day.

I am happy to call myself his mom.

No comments: